- Is it best not to restore my drum if it alters its originality?
- Will my drum sound better if I recut its bearing edges?
- What are the best materials and techniques to use for restoration work?
- Should I try to restore my drum or let a professional do it?
- Is there a limit to how much wood filler to use to repair a drum?
I can help you answer these and other questions concerning your next restoration project.
As a restoration technician for more than 30 years, I have repaired thousands of vintage drums and offer you extensive, expert experience. Check a sample of articles that I have written about vintage drum restoration. These articles have also appeared in the “Collectors’ Corner” column of Modern Drummer magazine.
The fee for a telephone consultation is $15 for 15 minutes. The cost of one consultation is small compared to the possible loss of your time and money due to mistakes and miscalculations. Getting the right advice is a smart investment. Your drums are worth it. To schedule an appointment please call 800-729-3111 or email.
All the best,