Do you want to sell your drum set or snare drum but don’t know what it’s worth? Do you need a drum appraisal for insurance purposes? We can help.
Since 1987, Vintage Drum Center has been recognized worldwide as a leader in the vintage drum industry and as an authoritative source for pricing vintage drums, cymbals, hardware and accessories. Our Drum Appraisal Service provides you with the dollar amount you could reasonably expect to sell your vintage or used drum gear in today’s marketplace. Drum set appraisals include up to 5 drums, 5 cymbals and 5 pieces of hardware – please inquire if your kit has more than these amounts. Historical details are not included in our appraisal.
Brands We Appraise
- Vintage & Newer Drums: Ludwig, Slingerland, Camco, Rogers, Gretsch, WFL, Leedy, Leedy & Ludwig, George Way, Walberg & Auge, Trixon, Sonor, Premier, Yamaha, Tama, Pearl, DW, and more.
- Vintage & Newer Cymbals: A. Zildjian, K. Zildjian, Paiste, Sabian, Istanbul, Meinl and more.
- Vintage & Newer Hardware: Ludwig, Slingerland, Leedy, Gretsch, Trixon, WFL, Camco, Rogers, Sonor, Premier, Gibraltar, Pearl, DW, Tama and more.
Don’t see your brand? Call us: 800-729-3111, 9-5 CST.
*PLEASE NOTE: Gear with inconsistency of identity, ambiguities, modifications or customizations that we observe in your photos or information, as well as omission of details or photographs required for our proper assessment, may result in an additional fee.
- $34.95 -Snare Drum Appraisal – Includes the current market value of your snare drum.
- $59.95 -Drum Set Appraisal #1 – includes the current market value of your drums plus any original floor stands required for tom tom setup.
- $79.95 -Drum Set Appraisal #2 – includes the market value of your drums, tom tom floor stands, and cymbal set. Values for drums, and cymbals are given as two separate groups. BONUS: 3 helpful tips on how to get a better selling price.
- $79.95 -Drum Set Appraisal #3 – includes the current market value of your drums and hardware set. Values for drums, and hardware are given as two separate groups. BONUS: 3 helpful tips on how to get a better selling price.
- $99.95 -Drum Appraisal #4 – includes the market value of your drums, cymbals, and hardware set. Values for drums, cymbals, and hardware are given as three separate groups. BONUS: 3 helpful tips on how to get a better selling price.
$39.95 & up -Itemized Drum Parts & Accessories Appraisal #5Did you know there is a thriving vintage drum parts and accessories market? If you own any of this kind of gear it could be worth more than you think. Depending on what you own, the cost for an appraisal could be a smart and worthwhile investment. Please call or email for a price quote.
How to order an appraisal
Enter your information below and attach up to 5 digital photos (front and back views). Be sure to enter the four verification letters into the empty box, then click “submit.”
Call us toll-free to confirm receipt of your information and to arrange payment: 800-729-3111 or 641-693-8691.
VDC’s senior appraiser Ned Ingberman will review your information and assess the retail market value of your gear. After our assessment we’ll email you a PDF Appraisal Document.
Our appraisal report is accurate insofar only as the information and photos you provide represent the actual identity, authenticity, approximate age and condition of your vintage gear. We recommend that you inspect your gear before submitting the appraisal form.