“It’s impossible to get more qualified and personalized attention from any other place. The care that Vintage Drum Center takes matching each customer with the desired product makes all the difference.”
Antonio Sanchez – Drummer for Pat Metheny Group, Michael Brecker, Gary Burton, and many more.
We don’t just sell stuff… we match you up with it. And every drummer knows that with the right gear and setup, creativity comes more easily.
Here’s the kind of help you can expect from us when choosing your gear, vintage or new:
- Direct Access to the Owner: You’ll have his personal and focused attention.
- Expert Advice: You’ll be served by a fellow drummer with hands-on professional experience and decades of tech expertise.
- Product Details: If you need more info or specs, we’ll contact the manufacturer to get it f for you.
- We Ask Questions: Not only do we answer your questions, we ask some of our own–it gives us a better sense of which gear best suits you.
- Integrity: If we think an item you want to buy won’t meet your needs or expectations, we’ll tell you. We’d rather lose a sale than sell a customer unsuitable gear.
- Shared Passion: How you feel about drum gear and drumming is what we understand so well.
How do we do all this? Through an online family-run business, who’s founder and owner believes that engaging with customers is the best way to serve them. His name is Ned Ingberman.
Ned’s training and experience have prepared him well to do the job. As a teenager, he studied with Ted Reed in New York City and later attended Berklee College of Music in Boston. He has played drums professionally in a wide range of musical genres. Over the years, he’s written technical and historical articles for Modern Drummer and Drum Magazine. Since 1987, when Ned founded Vintage Drum Center, he’s repaired and inspected thousands of drums.
Every vintage drum we sell is carefully evaluated, using our unique Quality Control Inspection System. Ned checks for originality, cosmetic condition, acoustical performance, and structural/functional soundness. He then grades each drum and gives you full disclosure of the inspection results. That’s why you’ll get nothing less than what you expect. We back it up with our 30-Day Moneyback Guarantee.
Maybe you’re looking for new drum gear? We have over 4,000 new products. If you need help deciding what’s right, you’ll get practical and solid advice from Ned, such as:
- Cymbal Tips: how to simplify the selection process; using YouTube to identify which cymbals could work best for you, etc.
- Drum Head Tips: why certain tonal issues won’t improve with new heads; how to avoid dents, tuning techniques, etc.
- Hardware Tips: portability vs. stability; aesthetics; setup and adjustment speed, etc.
- Kids Drum Set Tips: features to look for that match your child’s needs; how much floor space you’ll need, volume control, etc.
So, after browsing our website, call us if you have any questions. Ned is here ready to help you make the best choice.
More About What We Do: